As we are all closely monitoring the developments regarding COVID-19, below are resources which may be helpful to review and assist you further during this time. This page will update frequently so check back often.
Don’t forget to check your individual public health department’s webpage
VA National Teleconferencing System – only while on VA systems. To call to schedule, VANTS VIDEO/AUDIO Scheduling: 3042627600.
To schedule VA Video Connect Meetings (while logged into Vista), use the Care Manager. By using a fake patient (i.e. zzztest, patient) you can schedule a video conference under that fake patient that staff can utilize (up to 30 people) from any web-enabled computer or smart device.
Secure Message Your Patients. Don’t forget – by click on their name in the demographics tab, you often can get cell phone, home phone, and emails.
Be Prepared – Be Ready – These are things that VA employees can do to prepare to work remotely.
Links from Professional Organizations
Training Materials Available
Quick Reference Topics
- FAQ on Anesthesia Machine Use, Protection, And Decontamination During The COVID-19 Pandemic – Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation
- How to Safely Put on PPE, Selected Equipment: PAPR and Gown – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Fact Sheet – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Coronavirus can persist in air for hours and on surfaces for days: study – Reuters
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Internet Book of Critical Care (IBCC): COVID-19 – EMCrit Project
Some Home-Brewed Tricks
Do not connect the nasal cannula or similar device to the CO2 analyzer to minimize contamination. Alternative: Precordial stethoscope.
Google scholar has reputable organization links at the bottom of the search bar
RSS feed (news sources from all over)
More People COVID–19 Tested This Week Than All of April
on May 31, 2020 at 6:22 am
14 more test positive for COVID–19 Saturday; testing numbers near 5000 locally
on May 31, 2020 at 12:44 am
Two more cases of COVID–19 confirmed in Shasta County, total now 39
on May 31, 2020 at 12:22 am
Marin’s Latino community bearing brunt of COVID–19 crisis
on May 31, 2020 at 12:11 am
Colorado records no new deaths tied directly to COVID–19 as hospitalizations continue to fall
on May 31, 2020 at 12:00 am